QuickBooks Error code 1904 occurs while installing the QuickBooks software. This article will help you in resolving this installation error so that you can install QuickBooks and use it for your business.
If you are also facing this error then you don’t have to worry about your business data as your company files and other important data don’t get affected due to this error. You can resolve this error by following the steps provided in this article. You can also get in touch with us at QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number in order to get an instant resolution for your issues.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 1904
- You are trying to install QuickBooks using a damaged installation source.
- Another QuickBooks installation is available in your system
- Antivirus software is restricting the installation process
- Your Windows OS is not compatible with the QuickBooks version that you are trying to install.
Before You Start
If any of the following points get applied to you then you have to skip the Special Case section:
- Bit defender security program is installed in your system.
- You recently installed Adobe Flash
- The Error 1904 message mentions QBversionTool.dll
Resolve QuickBooks Error 1904
Step 1: Run The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
If you have recently updated your Windows Operating system then using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool can be used to resolve the error code 1904. If not, then you can skip this step.
- Click on Ignore on the error message
- Warning: Don’t open QuickBooks at all.
- Restart your system.
- Install the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and run.
- Restart your system again.
- Try to run or install QuickBooks. If the error is still there then jump to the next solution.
Note:-Learn How to fix QuickBooks Error 6190 and 816.
Solution 2: Manually Fix Windows Components
There are chances that you are getting the error code 1904 due to damaged Windows components. This section will help you to repair some components manually.
These steps shouldn’t be performed if you are a beginner. You can consult your IT professional if you are not sure about performing these steps.
- Repair or reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework
- Repair Microsoft MSXML
- Now, try to install QuickBooks again. If the error is still around then you can move on to the 3rd solution.
Solution 3: Change Your Windows Account Settings
Switch to your Windows Administrator account
Note: You must be logged in to your system with administrator rights.
- Open the Command Prompt on your screen from the Start menu.
- Type net user administrator /active:yes and hit Enter. Close the command prompt once the command finishes.
- Log off from your current Windows user.
- Log in to the account that says Administrator and sign in. A password won’t be required.
Change your user permissions
- Press Windows and E key simultaneously to open the File Explorer
- Locate the folder path: C:Program FilesCommon Files.
- Right-click on the Common Files folder and click on Properties from the drop-down list.
- Click on Edit from the Security tab.
- Select the Users from the Group or user names section.
- Turn on the following permissions from the Permissions for Users section:
- Modify, Read & execute
- List folder contents, Read
- Click on Apply
- Then OK to save changes
Reinstall QuickBooks and sign out
You need to reinstall QuickBooks software using a clean install. Reinstalling QuickBooks does not have any negative effect on your existing company file so you don’t have to worry about that.
- Log in to the Windows with administrator rights.
- Open the Run command by pressing Windows + R keys.
- Type CMD in the search field and hit enter or click on OK.
- Type net user administrator /active: yes and hit Enter. Close the command prompt once the command finishes.
- If QuickBooks is running on your regular account then it means that the error is resolved.
These are some ways to fix the error 1904 and if you are still facing the same issue then you should find a QuickBooks pro advisor who will help you in finding the best solutions for errors. Call anytime as they are 24*7 available to help you in fixing your issue. QuickBooks Error code 1904.