Carpet cleaning is easy but choosing the right method is a troublesome task. The most appropriate methods that are often used are steam cleaning vs carpet shampooing.
Most of us are wondering if you should choose steam or shampooing. Your ultimate goal of carpet cleaning is to increase the life and quality of the carpet. So, it is crucial to pick the right method that usually professional carpet cleaning in Stirling follows. steam cleaning vs carpet shampooing.
However, both methods have offered the best results and cons. So, let’s study in-depth this confusion and find a better option.
About Carpet Shampooing
What comes to mind after reading this? Cleaning the carpet with shampoo, right? It’s true! Carpet shampooing is the technique where cleaning products are used to remove extra dirt, allergens, and pollutants. However, we are not talking about normal shampoo. In the cleaning process, cleaning agents are used for deep cleaning that is statically charged to bond with carpet fibers.
If you have carpet cleaning machines, then you will find the results like a pro. The powerful cleaning machine evades dirt and allergens from the carpet. Moreover, it cleans stubborn stains that cause issues. Once the shampooing process is completed, rinse the carpet effectively with fresh and clean water. Now, your hard job starts drying the carpet so make sure you have done the process carefully, as it does not create mold on the surface.
Pros Of Carpet Shampooing
Here, we will discuss the benefits you can expect after carpet shampooing. Let’s take a look below:
- Effectively clean heavy dirt from the carpet
- Get rid of pollutants, germs, and dirt embedded in the carpet
- Helps to remove stubborn stains like coffee, blood, and more
- Chemicals can target carpet’s fiber for enhancing their life
- A great method to remove soil than other cleaning methods
- Keep your carpet fresh and hygiene
Cons Of Carpet Shampooing
- You need heavy machines to complete the task. However, the scrub is helpful but it can damage the fiber of the carpet.
- It may damage the carpet padding if you use excess water.
- You have to wait for long hours to dry the carpet.
- No rinsing can affect the carpet fibers
- Use of the wrong brush can damage the look of the carpet
About Steam Cleaning Vs Carpet Shampooing
If you are looking for a convenient cleaning method that is much more effective than others, choose steam cleaning. It just requires water and heat to bring life to your carpet. Moreover, it adds freshness and works effectively to remove whole dirt and solid dust particles thoroughly.
As per carpet cleaning in Stirling, When the heavy pressure of water releases the dirt pulls out from the carpet, stains removed, and provides you fresh air in the environment. Also, it requires less dry time. steam cleaning vs carpet shampooing.
The steam cleaning is versatile, durable, and reliable. Most importantly, it does not involve harsh chemicals.
Pros Of Steam Carpet Cleaning
With the steam carpet cleaning, you will find a bunch of benefits such as:
- This can kill 99.9% of bacteria and germs from the carpet
- It helps in eliminating pests infestation
- No use of chemicals. So, there is no risk of harmful effects
- This process involves less moisture, which means carpet dries in few hours
Cons Of Steam Carpet Cleaning
- Steam cleaning can target stains, but strains might need to treat before-hand
- It does not remove the heavily solid food particles
- It may not affect the debris
- The process requires a lot of hard work and costs than other conventional methods
Is It Better To Steam Carpet Cleaning Or Shampooing Carpets?
As you read above, both have pros and cons. so, are you still confused? Well, it is because nothing is cleared properly. And right now you’re in a dilemma: what to choose?
If you choose carpet shampooing, it cleans up debris, dirt, pollutants but it takes a long time to dry while on the other side steam cleaning can disinfect the carpet but it is not good for cleaning debris and dirt.
In short, steam cleaning works on the top of the carpet while shampooing works on both the top and the bottom. For the detailed comparison, let us take a look below:
Carpet Shampooing Vs Steam Cleaning
- Shampoo cleaning requires shampoo and other cleaning agents too while steam cleaning requires only water and heat.
- In shampooing, germs and debris may not remove perfectly while in steam the high temperature can help to kill bacteria
- Shampooing can help to get rid of pests, but not their eggs. However, by steam cleaning, there are chances to destroy their species.
- Carpet shampooing residue the chemicals and on the other side steam cleaning vs carpet shampooing not.
- The shampooing process involves a higher time for drying the carpet while steam cleaning takes a few hours.
To conclude steam cleaning vs carpet shampooing finds a more secure and reliable option than shampooing. Nevertheless, the pros are higher of carpet shampooing but for the best results, the hot water technique is the best.
Well, it doesn’t mean you should quit using shampooing. You should continue using this method for removing soil, heavy particles, stains, and more.
Quick Steps You Should Follow To getting Most Out Of Carpet Cleaning
- Do vacuum regularly
- Use professional carpet cleaning services in a year
- Try to avoid the use of harsh chemicals
- Remove stains as soon as possible
- You can make rules like a no-shoes policy, no eating on the carpet, etc.
- Always throw out the dirt outside
- Change your air filters
As you see in the steam cleaning Vs carpet shampooing article, steam carpet cleaning is one of the best methods of cleaning. But it does not mean shampooing is bad. You can follow both as per the requirement. For instance, before starting your steam cleaning vs carpet shampooing method first you should choose shampooing for brilliant results.
Additionally, professional carpet cleaning services are best to consider in a year for a healthy and safe home.